Customer Service Team Leader
Are you a talented Customer Service Team Leader? We want you!
Be part of something BIG!
BOURNEMOUTH INDEPENDENT GROUP
We are BIG - a friendly and fun award-winning Bournemouth based group providing some of the most comprehensive and competitive household insurance for maintenance products. We’re one of the fastest-growing providers of these services within the sector and supply thousands of consumers with a high-quality service every day.
From successful organic growth, we are seeking an Customer service Team Leader to lead, inspire and engage a team of agents to serve our customers and clients. The successful candidate will ensure customer queries are dealt with efficiently and effectively. They will also coach and mentor the team members in order to provide future growth, development, and continuous improvement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Lead, motivate and monitor staff to ensure that there is an emphasis on the delivery of a customer driven and quality service
- Pro-actively review team on an ongoing basis to ensure their participation and put strong development plans into place
- Adherence to regulatory guidelines including TCF, ICO, GDPR, FCA and FOS
- Ensuring that every member of the team has the right behaviours, knowledge and level of technical skills
- To deliver training when required and continuous coaching to ensure agent deliver great customer service and get it right first time
- Engage with customers when Management intervention is appropriate.
- Embrace the company’s culture, team nights out, charity events and represent the company with pride
- Work closely with our compliance team to improve quality as well as ensuring the criteria set is ‘fit for purpose’
- Deliver improvements within the business, working closely with other departments to improve the customer/ client journey as well as creating business efficiencies.
- Review and propose new SLA’s to deliver a first time resolution as well as ensuring we remain one of the market leaders
- Empower the team to deliver excellent customer service by effectively handling and resolving customer queries
- Ensuring customer expectations are set when dealing with challenging situations
- You will be accountable for the day to day operational management of the team, including systems, policies and procedures
- Maintain our high morale levels while ensuring optimal efficiencies from the agents
- Drive operational performance by fully utilizing the resource and tools available
- Drives performance through giving regular and constructive feedback both motivational (e.g. praise and recognition), and developmental, having tough conversations where needed and ensuring follow through for improved results
- Raise concerns, system defects and backlog with action plans to ensure recovery is quick and non-detrimental to our customers and clients.
- To act in the best interests of the business, staff, clients, stakeholders and customers
- Utilise management information to improve and develop performance, which delivers/exceed expectations set
In order to be a successful Customer Service Team Leader, you must possess an excellent work ethic. You will need to demonstrate a winning mentality to the team, so prepare to have a can do attitude and lead by example! By doing this you may find yourself jumping in and help the team clear the workload during peak times whilst using your initiative and working unsupervised in a rapidly changing fast paced environment.
You must have proven experience working in a leadership or similar role (ideally within a call centre environment) which has resulted in you not being afraid to challenge up and be passionate about what you believe to be right. Not only will you be comfortable working autonomously, but you must also be confident in coaching agents to manage workloads whilst ensuring SLA’s are met and deadlines achieved. You will also be prepared to produce reports for management and the board when necessary.
If the above sounds like you, you're incredibly organised, think outside the box and are an excellent communicator... this could be the perfect role for you!
Your BIG package is made up of a highly competitive salary dependent on experience.
You will have a holiday entitlement of 20 days plus bank holidays.
We love nothing more than our staff enjoying their time at work. Therefore, you will have access to our kitchen which is equipped with iPad and TV. Of course, there’s the obligatory free tea and coffee to keep you buzzing!